Please CLICK HERE for a downloadable PDF of all the Embroidered Journey Retreat information on these pages.
- First come first served in order of deposit received.
- Registration fee if paid in full on or before March 30th, 2022: $3,795
- Registration fee if paid in full on or after April 1st 2022: $3995
- Non-refundable deposit of $1500 to secure your space, final payments due on or before July 15th 2022.
- If you fail to make the final payment, your deposit will be forfeited, and your spot will be offered to another guest on our waiting list.
- For cancellations prior to August 1st, 2022, fees are refunded less the $1500 deposit.
- Cancellations made after August 1st, 2022 will result in the loss of all monies received, with no exceptions. We recommend you purchase travel insurance to protect your investment in the retreat.
- There is no refund for leaving the retreat early, or arriving late. There are no refunds for any portion of the program you choose to opt out of.
- We reserve the right to postpone or cancel the program up to six weeks prior to its start in the unlikely event that we don’t have enough registrants, or an act of God, and will refund all monies (less a $250 administrative fee) in such case.
- You must have a current COVID vaccination at time of travel, as well as any other vaccinations required by France and the EU to travel.
- Feel free to contact us with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
What’s not included:
- Your airfare and any other travel expenditures to and from Paris
- Any meals not listed as included (lunches and most dinners)
- Any alcoholic beverages
- Any hotel incidentals or supplementary services (such as laundry)
- Optional excursions or entrance fees
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
Things to Consider:
Paris is a walker’s paradise, so please be honest about your fitness capabilities. We’ll be walking and using the metro to get to our activities, so you’ll want to be up for it. You’ll easily cover your 10,000 steps!
Using the Metro usually involves some stairs, and most stations don’t have an elevator (Paris is not as ADA-aware as the USA). They have lots of escalators, but you’ll still have stairs to navigate. FYI, Paris has taxis and Uber for the days that you just can’t go another step, but you probably don’t want them to be your primary way to get around!
We’ve chosen an updated, contemporary, Parisian hotel that will treat us well without breaking the bank. Its amenities include an elevator, continental breakfast, WIFI, and air conditioning. Like most European hotels, you might find the rooms small by American standards, but they are creatively efficient! It’s also close to the Metro for easy access to our activities. And we can help you add more nights there if you plan to extend your trip.
Food-wise, you can eat pretty much any way you want to in Paris. If you have some dietary restrictions to work around, we’ll get you together with my Parisian colleague Zoe to work out the language you might need to ask for food specifics. And if you’re too shy to attempt speaking a little French, there’s always Google Translate!
We’re not kidding when we say its OK if you don’t stitch or draw! We’re here to help with that! Embroidery is a very simple skill to learn, and our art kit includes everything you need to make a few stitches. We’ll also show you examples of travel journals that range from zero drawing or painting in them (all collage), up to full-on watercolor sketching. We’ll help you make the version that makes YOU happy.
We’ve put together a program that is designed to ease travel anxiety as we want you to feel relaxed and cared for! You’ll be shuttled and/or guided throughout all the scheduled activities, but you’ll also have plenty of unstructured time to explore on your own. You should be comfortable and willing to wander solo/with friends once we show you how to navigate the metro! We also provide your first pack of metro tickets.
Considering the volume of tourists that go to Paris I consider it to be a safe city for those that observe a few wise precautions (and I’ll share those with you as we approach the departure date).
Please make sure your medical insurance will cover you abroad, and that it will cover medical transportation home should you need it. You can buy additional travel insurance for this.
You must have a current COVID vaccination at time of travel, as well as any other vaccinations required by France and the EU to travel.
We reserve the right to make slight changes to the activities in the itinerary based on weather and availability, and will do our best to keep them to a minimum.
People are a diverse bunch, and the members of our travel group are likely to be diverse also. We will expect kind conduct when our differences arise, and will ask you to leave the retreat (with no refunds) if your behavior becomes threatening or hostile to others.
Terms and conditions – the official wording
Please download the Retreat Waiver form HERE, and email the forms to us once you pay your deposit.
NOTE: Paying your deposit indicates that you have accepted the terms above, and the terms included in the Waiver. The Embroidered Journey and Hunter’s Design Studio are divisions of Make Things, Inc. You’ll be directed to the Hunter’s Design Studio shopping cart for all financial transactions related to the Embroidered Journey.